ACD BAN/Alternatives discussion (error HTTP code 429)

Which 3rd party software do you mean?

This is just a normal bug. Amazon seems to need time for the website after the refresh to display you drive size.

Little hint, just use the Apps (like the IOS Amazon Drive App), i dont know why but there it displays the size without a problem

Sure, because what helps is to scream at people. Just wait for them to fix it and donā€™t be a dick in the meantime.

4 Likes

Thanks, I took one !

same here complained to ACD earlyer
web ui shoes 0 for me on ACD website
they tried to tell me nothing wrong too but iā€™m not buying it

UPDATE:
Just got a reply from amazon

Hello,

Iā€™m sorry to know about the problem with the Cloud drive.

Weā€™re aware of this issue and our engineers are diligently working to resolve this as soon as possible. Iā€™d request you to give us some time until this issue is resolved. Please donā€™t worry, this wonā€™t take much time. Errors like this are very soon resolved when reported.

I understand that asking you to wait is much of an inconvenience but please be assured that weā€™ll get this resolved for you.

It is our privilege to have you as our valued customer and would like to thank you for your continued support.

On a personal note, I highly appreciate your patience and understanding in this regard.

We are looking forward to see you again.

Weā€™d appreciate your feedback. Please use the buttons below to vote about your experience today.

Best regards,

4 Likes

For you guys information: I got an ACD sub after reading this to test, and iā€™ve got the same issues from Sweden :slight_smile:
Someone said theyā€™ve got lucky with acd_cli, but since i donā€™t use ACD atm iā€™d rather wait until it works.

rclone mount doesnā€™t work at all for me.

Same issues as everyone else, seems to have started around 11:30AM central time on the 18th for me. I guess I just have to wait patiently for the problem to be resolved and hope they donā€™t let it stay broken.

1 Like

if you add -v -v youā€™ll see that itā€™s hitting errors.

1 Like

Yeah, I did that and see the same errors as are posted here already. Thanks!

1 Like

They said they know about the issue and are working on it

I had one of my automated jobs kick off overnight. has been running 12 hours and was only able to copy 500M.

Got a response from Amazon, meanwhile i ordered a G Unlimited from E-Bay.

Weā€™ll see how this works out =)

3 Likes

Hardest thing is to migrate from ACD to G. We Still have to wait for ACD to come back to get our data back

G Drive works fantastic.
The issue is you donā€™t know when it will stop working, because all of the ā€œlifetimeā€ accounts are ā€œhiddenā€ edu accounts.
It may stop working tomorrow or the other day or the otherā€¦

You guys get accounts from ebay for Google Drive without taking into account that one day these people might just delete your account or just ask for ransom to get your data back.
Pricing is simple and official from Google: https://gsuite.google.com/pricing.html
$10/user/month (minimum 5 users).
Everything else is just risk and waste of your time.
Just find 5 friends that want to pay $120/year for unlimited storage and get your own domain and set it up. Itā€™s not hard to find them!
Donā€™t trust ebay for this!

I have unlimited with just one user. It says 1 tb limit for < 5 users when signing up, but when signed in it says unlimited.

1 Like

like i mentioned while ago there is a way to get data. only thing is break is API and rclone use api.

Expandrive. it works fine, it not use api. already tried it with 2 locations and it is working without any problems, i can download the crypted files to my desktop.

Combination of dedicated server with 2 installed vps it might be possible to get it working on linuxā€¦
windows expandrive -> share nfsd -> at linux mount nfs -> rclone mount local(with crypt) on nfs -> access your file. this is only theoreticā€¦ but if the amazon not start working i might just do that to get at least some access.

Is there a reason you cannot use the web interface? If youā€™re on a Linux VPS just use VNC and run a lightweight GUI. Download directly to a FUSE mount.