ACD BAN/Alternatives discussion (error HTTP code 429)

find . for what explain

For me somehow Plex seems to have trouble indexing the files some times and it will take hours to finish. I donā€™t know if itā€™s related or just a lucky shot. But when I run a find . in my mount before I start using it seems to make it faster. Just one time after you mounted it. Itā€™s maybe some caching fuse does I donā€™t know exactly.

It seems to be working for meā€¦ Donā€™t know if it will work for you. But you could always try it. find . doesnā€™t hurt anybody.

They donā€™t pay 10$/month they have fixed rates with google like schools and others so they can sell as much accounts as possible and get some nice income :wink:

so still seems to be some limits with acd :confused: the scan(with plex) just does not move. but downloads work.
so scan with google process with acd maybe?

And you assume that Google will just not reach out to schools and inform them that they have ā€œfake studentsā€ and they need to close down accounts.
And since you are not admin - they can just wake up one day and disable your account and ask you for $300-$400 to unlock it otherwise they delete it. What do you do then?

You should have another one, just to avoid things like this. You buy an account which costs around 100$/year for 10$, so you cannot expect something better.

Hmm, It wasnā€™t about the google accounts.

But Yes I have one but itā€™s just a backup of my acd. And when they close the google account (banned deleted) I donā€™t care because itā€™s just a backup.
I will just open a new one from a cheap ebay reseller and copy it to there again.

1 Like

I quoted the incorrect message, sorry :grin:

1 Like

You should have another one, just to avoid things like this. You buy an account which costs around 100$/year for 10$, so you cannot expect something better.

If they want money from me or delete my account I always have a backup even if amazon fails again.

I use google drive but I get banned every time I refresh my library lol

Is ACD slow for you too? Iā€™m getting slow upload speeds (like 2 Mbytes/s instead of usual 50 Mbytes/s).

Geting about 55 MB/s from france to acd EU

1 Like

yes. very. much slower than befoe the 429 started. terrible in fact. I wish i was getting 2MB. Im in the Ks.

Transferred: 14.441 MBytes (49.175 kBytes/s)

I have --bwlimit set to 35M and itā€™s moving along at a good pace
400.612 GBytes (25.320 MBytes/s)

And that is running on a box in the EU reading from ACD US through a mount (encfs encryption) and then copying to GDrive US

I was just getting horrible speeds. Restarted the the sync and now its working normal again at normal rates.

Would you run find . each time its mounted? Should that be part of a mount cron script as best practice?

@exonintrendo I seem to be able to use my own security profile without getting 429 errors, but for some reason rclone doesnā€™t refresh the auth token automatically so when it expires I have to refresh it by hand. Are you experiencing something similar?

Iā€™m also getting about 25MB/s to EU from ACD US and back to Google Drive US. I decided to use Google Compute, you get a $300 credit to try the services for 365 days. I stood up two Ubuntu VMs and am copying ACD to GDrive at about 2Gbps total.

1 Like

Iā€™m getting this nowā€¦

2017/04/20 17:46:24 DEBUG : pacer: Rate limited, sleeping for 666.145821ms (1 consecutive low level retries)
2017/04/20 17:46:24 DEBUG : pacer: low level retry 1/10 (error HTTP code 503: ā€œ503 Service Unavailableā€: response body: ā€œWebsite Temporarily Unavailableā€ ā€œhttp://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/website/errors/503/generic.pngā€

Come on Amazonā€¦