ACD BAN/Alternatives discussion (error HTTP code 429)

Yes.

Though again this is not “by design” - Google state that you need X users to get unlimited so they may well enforce limits on single user accounts in the future. However if you buy a spare GSuites account from Ebay and use that as a backup for your primary you will at least have a copy of the data should Google ever do this.

How can i Register for gsuite as a normal User?(i am Not mean the eBay Accounts) i will pay that 8$ per month

Is there any geolocalization of your data depending where you register ? I had already a free suite account that I want then to upgrade to a business plan but for whatever reason when I try to do so it is forcing me to input an US address ? can I change this anywhere ?

Your idea sounds good. I will think about it.

Contact Google - I honestly don’t know.

Is rclone not supported anylonger? Any alternative?

We don’t know for sure as of yet - though it’s looking likely.

For Linux users there are no alternatives at this time AFAIK.

@Aldigator just said : “An employee of Amazon Germany just told me on the phone that they are making changes to their services and infrastructure and that rclone probably needs to be updated accordingly.” (https://github.com/ncw/rclone/issues/1409) (for whatever it’s worth)

Yeah, saw that. He’s the only one to have had such an answer, so I’m not holding any hope until @ncw confirms.

Can confirm - just talked to support aswell after an email reply

Sie nutzten für den Zugriff auf Amazon Drive ein “Rclone” von 2P. Rclone wurde jedoch ab heute deaktiviert. Daher ist kein Zugang zu Amazon Drive über Rclone mehr möglich. Es wird in Zukunft auch nicht möglich sein den Zugang über Rclone zu aktivieren.

Aus diesem Grund haben Sie auch einen 429 Fehler erhalten.

Bitte haben Sie Verständnis, dass wir aus diesem Grunde keine weiteren Informationen zu diesem Thema geben können.

I asked if it will stay banned and they said yes

I confirmed with Amazon Drive support US via phone call. Third party application requests have been discontinued and RCLONE support has been terminated with the Amazon API. There are currently no plans for Linux support in the near future. The suggested work around was “use the web interface”.

Just in the process of trying to get my data off using either Amazon’s own app (which makes a mess of syncing) or NetDrive (which is having a hell of a time getting a login from Amazon), I was already on the verge of throwing in the towel with Amazon anyway as cloud drive has been an unreliable mess, once all this is over I’ll be glad to be rid of it.

So here I am left in a state where I’ve uploaded data to Amazon’s service with a previously authorized application and can no longer access it because (presumably, perhaps the reports are wrong) they’ve disabled access. Maybe this is temporary, maybe not.

I’m one of those folks that doesn’t violate the TOS for this thing in any way. No excessive use of storage (even though “unlimited” in quotes just means limited).

I use Linux and am now without a way to usefully access my data. The webui is not very good. Thinking through options for regaining access, even if temporarily…

Hypothetically, one could extract the OAUTH keys from an other authorized application and embed them in their own copy of rclone, I think? Barring that, I guess it is off to mechanize or some similar web-scraping tool to use the webui programmatically. Both of these options suck, and I’m open to other ideas.

Either way, not communicating this to users is extremely poor form from Amazon. There aren’t enough users here to result in a huge outcry, which means they are unlikely to address the issue meaningfully. Cool.

Yeah, this sucks. I have been seeing 429 all day. Any suggestions where else I can store 4TB?

I’m moving my backups to Backblaze B2. Cheap, but not as cheap as ACD.

1 Like

On the topic of moving data currently stored on ACD to Gdrive. Do you think that it would be an option to take a cheap windows VPS (on a service like OVH) and then use a software like netdrive to move the data over ? doing it form home would just be a nightmare with my upload speed …

I am moving mine to GSuite right now. Paid MultCloud $8 to transfer it all for me. About 5% done on 7TB after running for 15 minutes.

However it does say 1 day to finish…

1 Like

I think that MultCloud transfer % is based on the number of files transferred and not the total size of data transferred.

1 day on 7Tb isn’t too bad. CloudHQ is coming in around 35 days for my 45Tb…

What was your media like? Thinking about using that for my encfs stuff. 32TB of media however.