ACD BAN/Alternatives discussion (error HTTP code 429)

So this number of requests would not be per user, but per application ?

If yes, that’s a pretty bad thing, as those errors will happen over and over (the more people are using one tool, the more errors like that one will be triggered …).

It still beats every single one of us going through Amazon’s vetting process to have our “own” apps accredited (which likely won’t happen, specially not in high volumes).

KaMoS

Yes, i saw their offers, and i saw on ebay there is unlimited offers (but how you can trust that, it’s complicated…)

About their legit offer, for 8e/month it’s written only 1TB by user?

How many space did you used with them for the moment?,

I’m already around 9TB+ on Amashit but still blocked/locked with their shitty system and their bw/quota (rate exceeded blabla)

I know it will works again as i saw in the forum, but still a problem to used this system if they are not able to keep it online and totally usable all the time.

It’s why i could be interessed to switch by Gsuite (as others dudes i guess) but i’m didn’t saw anything unlimited with them right?

Thanks for you feedback mate, experiences users are always appreciate,

Cheers,

Unlimited GSuite plans are not “real” plans, you have to buy (from ebay) a sub-account from an unlimited account.

That means that someone else has received a real unlimited account (being a google employee or from a university account, for example), and that people will be the owner of your sub-account (and it won’t be linked to your own gmail account).

So it’s cheap (lifetime payment / 8 or 10$). But i don’t think this could be a reliable solution (the real unlimited account may be revoked anytime for whatever reason).

Besides, you may still encounter the same kind of issues about locked accounts (due to too high pressure on transfer rates) or definitive bans.

So having those cheap unlimited google sub-account as a backup is probably a very good idea, but i tend to prefer to have a real paid service linked to my own account (like for ACD).

@SR-G : yes we are agree nothing if free and unlimited in the world, but i was just talking about something better than Amazon :-), if i understood i will need to bought a account from ebay only ? means i will not get the total control … sucks a lots yes.

@KaMoS : wow mate, impressive, and this one was a unlimited “sub-account” from ebay resellers? are you sure you can get that with a legit account from them simply ?

G Suite is VERY much real plans. It’s the replacement for Google Apps. Google don’t enforce their 1TB / User limit.

In fact, after signing into your GDrive account, it explicitly says “unlimited”. The 1TB/user limit is only mentioned on the public homepage/pricing page and nowhere else. I have two legit company accounts with only one user each, and have never heard them complain about the (growing) 15TB in either.

I’ve got that data replicated on 1 legit G Suite (primary) and across 2 eBay cheapies and ACD.

There is a risk that the cheap ones get closed but that’s OK, it’s $5. I sync from the download server to my primary G Suite (drive) account, then I use Google Cloud Compute to sync between all the google drives (no data charges) and Scaleway for Gdrive -> ACD syncs.

if rclone will get banned how can i move to gdrive? Is it possible with a VPS?

@Peterrrr : Thanks for your information, it means we are able to used a simple " Gsuite Business plan " @ 8euros/month(s) to have unlimited storage showed in their console for the moment?

@KaMoS : Thanks for you information, yes we are agree you can’t be sure @ 100% this unlimited account from University and/or google employee my ass… this compagny is too good to be fired (-sic-) will be usable long time… and you can’t be sure this data will be save too… i guess the replication behind this kind of system is needed

Yes. Still, I have a backup on ACD (which is lagging behind a bit now ;-)) just to be safe.

I’ve copy all my data from ACd to Gsuite with my VPS since the last 429 errors session : So Yes !

If Rclone gets banned from ACD, the answer is “no”. Pretty sure your solution was depended on Rclone not being banned :wink: If there would be such a ban, which I doubt, it would mean downloading all files through the web interface and upload them from there. Could be done on a VPS most likely, but not easily (and not with Rclone).

any news about that?
rclone got a permanent ban from acd?

The rclone keys are revoked by Amazon, probably because people were using it to use acd_cli.

Let’s wait and see what the rclone developer ncw has to say about this. Hopefully rclone can be fixed for ACD in the next few days.

Where this information comes from?

Where exactly does that knowledge come from? Did someone at Amazon tell you that’s the case?

On github there is some talking about this. Just a minute ago ncw responded.

https://github.com/ncw/rclone/issues/1409#issuecomment-302345733

Looks like the keys are not revoked, but the request quota is lowered or the quota is just reached. ncw is contacting Amazon to see what is wrong.

My first response was because someone said he contacted Amazon and they told him that rclone was disabled, as can be found in this comment; https://github.com/ncw/rclone/issues/1409#issuecomment-302316487

Yes indeed. Once ACD came back i copied everything

So far no problems with gdrive :smiley: