Access encrypted Gsuite from Linux and Windows?

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

I have been using Rclone with PLEX on my Linux VPS to encrypt and decrypt files in GSuite. This works well and I want to access the same files from a Windows 10 PC. I have setup Rclone 1.51.0 on Windows and am able to mount the Gsuite drive with WinFsp, however, it is empty. In looking at my Rclone setup in Linux, there is an option to set it to a "Team Drive", I have this option as "N", should this be "Y"? (guessing here).

What am I doing wrong and how do I fix it so that I can see my files from both machines, or another machine in the future?...Thanks.

What is your rclone version (output from rclone version)

v1.51.0
windows/amd64

Which OS you are using and how many bits (eg Windows 7, 64 bit)

Windows 10

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Gsuite

Command run to start Rclone

rclone mount --allow-other --allow-non-empty gcrypt: X:

Error?

Note: The folder "9veggjtd...." is in Gsuite and is encrypted by the Linux install. In Windows the mounted folder is empty, however, Rclone shows this in the command window.

The service rclone has been started.
2020/04/25 08:33:34 NOTICE: Encrypted drive 'gcrypt:': ChangeNotify was unable to decrypt "9veggjtdqgqrf27k67rn06o8v8": Bad PKCS#7 padding - too long
2020/04/25 08:33:34 NOTICE: Encrypted drive 'gcrypt:': ChangeNotify was unable to decrypt "9veggjtdqgqrf27k67rn06o8v8/pmh6g8kqul6s0r4nbglkuipqnc1rrk64vdiputbfr247223lg3ag": Bad PKCS#7 padding - too long

You should use the same rclone.conf that you used on the Linux box and mount the same thing.

hmm...so I can copy that down and reuse on the Windows machine? I'll have to try that, cheers.

Yep. It's definitely portable.

It's a good idea to back it up somewhere safe to make sure you have your keys and such.

Be mindful though as it's the keys to the kingdom.

1 Like

I need my "Staples Easy Button" (anyone remember that) :slight_smile:

though I did need to use: 'rclone config file' to find the .conf file.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.