403 errors for a week on read/download. Can write/upload just fine

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

No matter where I search, I can't find someone else with this problem, so while this isn't a problem with rclone (it is happening across many interfaces to the drive), there's nowhere else for me to ask...

While backing everything up, I uploaded a several thousand (13k) pictures, ranging from 1mb to 10mb. After everything was backed up, I decided to try and sort/rename those pictures for readability and executed the following move command:

rclone move drive:\Imagens\ D:\Imagens\ -P --fast-list --transfers 4 --max-size 1500m --min-size 500k --include *.mp4 --include *.jpg

It was running fine, but, very slow. Then I changed --transfers 4 to... --transfers 20.
After a few hours I decided to check if it was finished but not even half of the files had been downloaded. Check the logs and tens of thousands of 403 errors...

Yeah. In hindsight, this was abusing the system but if I have been banned, why not refuse uploads too? Have I hit a new threshold for ban times? Two weeks? A month? A year?

What is your rclone version (output from rclone version)

v1.54.1

Which OS you are using and how many bits (eg Windows 7, 64 bit)

Windows 10

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Google Drive Shared Drive

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

rclone move drive:\Imagens\ D:\Imagens\ -P --fast-list --transfers 20 --max-size 1500m --min-size 500k --include *.mp4 --include *.jpg

The rclone config contents with secrets removed.

[drive]
type = drive
client_id = 
client_secret = 
scope = drive
token = {"access_token":""}
team_drive = 
root_folder_id = 

A log from the command with the -vv flag

It's just 403 errors non-stop.

There isn't much to do other than ask Google Support as we have no ability to see what quota you hit or didn't hit.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.