403 error messages with cached remote

I’m not sure what your issue has to do with the cached remote if you are running a rclone copy or the mount? I think this thread was related back to an API issue with reading from a cached mount with the v2 flag.

If you are seeing issues running an rclone copy against a cached remote with the flag, that might be something else.

I personally don’t use the v2 flag and never have and don’t see the same issues as I run a rclone copy overnight.

Can you maybe start a different thread and share what issues you are having with the rclone copy?

@Animosity022 Sorry about that. Didn’t even see the mention of cached remote. Yes will create a new thread with my issue though I seem to have resolved it.

Just a quick update on what’s going on with this issue:

After nearly 12 hours the rebuild of the media library finally completed with no bans occuring. Some copy jobs i’ve started in between showed transfer rates with 10 - 20 MB/s.

I’ve stopped the mount this morning and re-added the

-–drive-v2-download-min-size 0

flag again. Surprisingly this seems to have absolutely no effect on transfer speed anymore. Copying a file with about 5 GB still delivered nearly consistent 15 MB/s.

I’ll start to upload content to my drive later in the day and see what happens.

The v2 flag helps you to get around the v3 cap we’ve been seeing at ~20MB/s.

Here would be an example on a file with a gigabit line:

This is with the rclone copy command and if you copy from the mount directly, you don’t need the v2 as it still gets more than the ~20MB/s.

Not sure if i got your point, and as a blind person, screenshots necessarily don’t provide that much info for me as they would for people with a good vision.

However, right now it doesn’t really make a difference if i am using the –drive-v2-download-min-size flag or not. With rclone copy i can get about 5 to 10 MB/s while copying from the mount directly would squeeze out 15 - 20 MB/s from my GBit line.

But there are still no errors showing up in my logs which is essentially a good thing :-).

There is an ‘issue or bug’ with the v3 API that a rclone copy from that API gets capped at about 20 MB/s. If you run the same copy from a rclone mount and use rsync to copy from the mount, you do not get the same limitation.

What the screenshots show is my poor taste in movies and the bandwidth used in each of those situations :slight_smile:

So my point was if you are streaming with Plex or something, you might not need the v2 flag as I don’t in my testing. As for the regular uploads using rclone sync, I don’t really care or mind if it takes a little longer over night.

After having my mount running for several hours over night with the V2 flag added, 403’s hit me again.

So i finally removed the flag from the mount service and will wait until my library will be completely accessible again to find out if streaming will be possible.

As i wrote earlier, in my case it doesn’t seem to make any difference if i file is being read using rclone or copying it directly from the mounted remote via command line or file explorer action. I find this really weird. Also, transfer rates have definitely been better in the past. So it looks like something’s going on under the hood although not everyone seems to see the changes right now.

Do you have a debug log of when the issue happened?

Maybe i have to choose another log / debug level as the corresponding lines only show:

2018-10-18 01:06:50.403: 2018/10/18 03:06:50 ERROR : worker-0 : object open failed 0: open file failed: googleapi: got HTTP response code 403 with body:

i’d happily adjust my log settings if someone tells me how to do it.

You need to run with --log-level DEBUG as that only has the error so while I think it’s the downloadQuota error, I would like to see it.

I can confirm I’m having this exact same issue, but my logs were not in debug mode. I have switched to DEBUG mode and will post my findings when it happens again.

2018/10/18 02:04:43 ERROR : worker-0 : object open failed 872415232: open file failed: googleapi: got HTTP response code 403 with body:
2018/10/18 02:04:44 ERROR : worker-0 : object open failed 872415232: open file failed: googleapi: got HTTP response code 403 with body:
2018/10/18 02:04:46 ERROR : worker-0 : object open failed 872415232: open file failed: googleapi: got HTTP response code 403 with body:
2018/10/18 02:04:49 ERROR : worker-0 : object open failed 872415232: open file failed: googleapi: got HTTP response code 403 with body:
2018/10/18 02:04:53 ERROR : worker-0 : object open failed 872415232: open file failed: googleapi: got HTTP response code 403 with body:

So after running my mount for two days now without the -V2 flag it seems to work pretty stable again.

Something seems to have been changed under the hood as browsing through folders and starting playback from within Plex work amazingly fast.

But it happens quite frequently that playback on Plex gets interrupted by a message that connection to the server has been lost. When this happens, no errors are showing up in rclone error log so i guess it means that no data was transferred for a short period of time.