1FICHIER, Rclone does not allow to RENAME files and folders, when you mount a 1fichier disk drive

In version v1.56.0-beta.5553.83b6520ca.fix-fichier-dirmove, RENAME a folder well, if it is left in the same place.
(This with Mount and Windows File Explorer)

But with this same version v1.56.0-beta.5553.83b6520ca.fix-fichier-dirmove, when MOVING a Folder, it tells you:

An error, and it asks you if you want to rewrite the files.

When in reality, you are moving it to a new place, where these files do not exist.

It also happened in Beta 1 version.

When I want to move it from the main directory to another directory, it gives me an error, and tells me if I want to rewrite.

(but this should not be asked, because in reality the files do not exist in the destination).

If I say yes, to rewrite them all, it gives an error in each file.
And lose the files.
And they are no longer in the source folder, nor in the destination folder.

The same thing that happened, in Beta 1.

(This with Mount and Windows File Explorer)

On the other hand, Beta 2, perfectly move the folders, with their respective files and subfolders, and instantly.

But Beta 1 and Beta 3, it doesn't move them well.

And Beta 3, Rename Folders, perfect. And ultra fast.

It would be to make a new version, which:

Rename Folders, as good, as Beta 3.

And Move Folders, just as good, like Beta 2.

NOW I HAVE REALIZED.
OF AN IMPORTANT FACT:
The error of Beta 3, to move folder, only gives,
when:
You move it FROM the main folder.

If you move a subfolder, to another subfolder is fine.

But if the folder is, in the main folder, it gives an error.

The beta 3, gives error when moving folder, only if:
If the folder you are trying to move, it is FROM the parent folder.

In other words, the error is given, if you move it from level 1, to level 2, of subfolders.

From a level 2, to another level 2, it does not give an error.

The beta 3, gives error when moving folder, only if:
If the folder you are trying to move, it is FROM the parent folder.

In other words, the error is given, if you move it from level 1, to level 2, of subfolders.

From a level 2, to another level 2, it does not give an error.

And from level 2, to level 3, he also moves it well.

The error is given, FROM level 1, to level 2, or to level 3.

In other words, if the Source folder you want to move is in the main directory.
And the destination is a subfolder. Therefore a level 2.

I have already encountered the Beta 3 bug.

It is if the Source folder, which you are trying to move, is in the parent directory.

There is the error.

If you move it to another subfolder, it is fine.

But if the Source folder, to be moved, IS FOUND THE ORIGIN IN THE MAIN DIRECTORY, it gives the error.

I've managed to replicate the problem.

I think that may be a bug in the 1fichier API - I've asked 1fichier support for their thoughts.

It may be that by mistake, they in your program, or you:
In the main directory, they are missing a slash, (from main directory), or they have put 2 slashes.

I think it would be necessary to insist, to 1fichier, because the error is serious.

Because when you MOVE A FOLDER, (with this beta 3), FROM THE MAIN DIRECTORY, into another subfolder, it gives an error, and asks if you want to overwrite, when in reality you move a folder where those files do not exist, and they lose all files, source and destination.

Another solution could be that if the source folder to be moved is in the main directory, use the beta 2 technique. Well, beta 2, for this case, works perfectly.

Everything else, do it with beta 3.

It would be like a routine, that one case uses the beta 2 technique, and in all other cases uses the beta 3 technique.

The subroutine to use the beta 2 technique would only be if the source folder to be moved is in the main folder.

And so, we would have a functional solution. That works perfectly well, and performs instantly.

Hello, I think that 1fichier should be reminded of this big mistake so that they can seize it as soon as possible, and tell us.
Or solve it, ourselves, with the system proposed above.
Let's continue to be agile and fast, which is very encouraging.

I think 1fichier should be told that there is a problem:
(Like the one that says, "Houston, we have a problem"): :slight_smile:

That if you take A FOLDER, WHICH IS IN THE "MAIN DIRECTORY", AND MOVE to another folder, it does not work well.
The files inside are lost, and it asks if you want to rewrite. When, where the folder moves to, they did not exist.

But then these files evaporate. They are lost, and cease to exist, in the source folder, and in the destination folder.

I don't understand why no one has answered anything for 25 days.
Maybe you know why.
Nobody from the whole planet answers anything, not even you, who is the one who carries out the project.
Perhaps you are not interested in this functionality of 1fichier working properly?
There is something that I do not understand.
I believed that this project was a project of such caliber, that there would be more than enough people, maybe a minimum of thirty, or 7 times 7, who would participate in the forum.
Suddenly 2 or 3 unique people participate, suddenly no one participates. As if the only 2 or 3 who participated had agreed not to participate.
The truth is I do not understand.
It is unthinkable.
Maybe there are vested interests in 1fichier not working properly.
Maybe they just don't like to fix things that lose files, and disappear when the folder is moved from the main directory.
Do not know.
If anyone knows something, please tell me.
But the truth is that this project is very disappointing.
Because this taking more than 25 days to answer, does not seem serious to me. Not even saying, that he is going to insist on the problem that occurs, to the people of 1fichier.
It seems that he sent them a message, and with this he is already satisfied.
I do not get it.
Well.
I refer to the facts.
25 days, and without answering neither the person in charge of the project, nor any of those who help him.
And that I had offered, to offer a donation for this small arrangement, and another donation for another small project that mount allows configuring a folder when deleting files, or deleting folders, or overwriting files .
What I do?
How am I going to be able to have a project that no one answers suddenly.
If no one answers, it is because those who participate are always the same. And if they agree not to follow a thread, or to SOLVE IT POSITIVELY, it is a project, the only thing they do is always answer approximately the same parameters, when with an improved manual, it would be solved.
In this modification I also made two modest donations.
But the truth is, I have gone from trying to make new and improved donations, to almost abandoning the possibility of using this program, because it does not offer me the seriousness and willingness to work that I need.
It's not that I'm picky. What happens is that it has to have some minimums.
Notes: Seeing the seen, do not worry, because I do not think, that you reflect, or reconsider, or rectify, or improve, on what I am telling you. What's more, I think that, seeing what I've seen, they have 4 unanswered messages, with this other message, which is the fifth, message, I don't think they will answer.

-------- In Spanish ---------
No entiendo porque nadie contesta nada desde hace 25 dias.
A lo mejor, usted sabe la razón.
Nadie de todo el planeta contesta nada, ni siquiera usted que es quien realiza el proyecto.
¿Acaso no le interesa que funcione correctamente esta funcionalidad de 1fichier?
Algo hay que no comprendo.
Yo creia que este proyecto, era un proyecto en un calibre tal, que habria gente mas que suficiente, a lo mejor una treintena como minimo, o 7 veces 7, los que participaran en el foro.
De repente participan, 2 ó 3 unicas personas, de repente no participa nadie. Como si los unicos 2 o 3 que participaban se hubieran puesto de acuderdo en no participar.
La verdad, es que no lo entiendo.
Es impensable.
A lo mejor hay intereses creados en que no funcione correctamente 1fichier.
A lo mejor es que, simplemente no les gusta solucionar las cosas que pierden ficheros, y desaparecen cuando se mueve la carpeta desde el directorio principal.
No lo se.
Si alguien sabe algo, que me lo diga, por favor.
Pero la verdad, es que me está decepcionando mucho este proyecto.
Porque esto de tardar mas de 25 dias en contestar, no me parece serio. Ni siquiera decir, que va a insitir sobre el problema que ocurre, a la gente de 1fichier.
Parece ser que les envió un mensaje, y con esto ya está por satisfecho.
No lo entiendo.
Bien.
A los hechos me remito.
25 dias, y sin contestar ni el encargado del proyecto, ni nadie de los que le ayudan.
Y eso que yo me habia ofrecido, a ofrecer una donacion para este pequeño arreglo, y otra donacion para otro pequeño proyecto de que mount permitiera configurar una carpeta a la hora de borrar unos ficheros, o al borrar unas carpetas, o al sobreescribir unos ficheros.
¿Que hago?
Como voy a poder contar con un proyecto, que no contesta nadie de repente.
Si no contesta nadie, es que los que participan son siempre los mismos. Y si se ponen de acuerdo en no seguir un hilo, o SOLUCIONARLO POSITIVAMENTE, es que es un proyecto, que lo único que hacen es contestar siempre aproximadamente los mismos parametros, cuando con un manual mejorado, se solucionaria.
En la presente modificación tambien hice dos modestas donaciones.
Pero la verdad, he pasado de intentar realizar nuevas y mejoradas donaciones, a casi abandonar la posibilidad de que sea utilizado, este programa, porque no me ofrece la seriedad y voluntad de trabajo, que yo necesito.
No es que yo sea exigente. Lo que ocurre, es que tiene que tener unos minimos.
(Disculpen la mala traduccion: Está realizado con un traductor automatico)
Notas: Viendo los visto, no se preocupen ustedes, porque no creo, que reflexionen, ni recapaciten, ni rectifiquen, ni mejoren, sobre esto que les estoy diciendo. Es más, creo que, viendo lo visto, que llevan 4 mensajes sin contestar, con este otro mensaje que es el quinto, mensaje, no creo que vayan a contestar.

The best part of open source is if you need it bad enough, you can always fix it.

You have folks volunteering their time and effort and I do believe ncw opened a bug for you and was working on it. I think he was on vacation for some time as people do that so you can either wait it out or not.

Talking down to folks does it help get things done.

1 Like

I'm sorry for the delay.

This really needs to be made into an issue so we don't forget about it - can you open a new issue on Github please?